Saturday, December 31, 2005

Five Prayers for the New Year

My new year’s resolutions for 2006 are stated in prayers which cover five areas of life: spiritual, mental, social, physical, and financial. I know that it is impossible for me to do these things by willpower and self-determination. I need God. So here they are: Spiritually – Father, help me walk with my Lord, Jesus Christ. Protect me from the evil one. Keep me from sin. Keep me sober! Fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I am faithful to you in everything. Make me hungry to know and do your will. Mentally – Father, help me to grow, stretch, and learn. Give me insight. Help me to understand. Reveal your will to me. Open my eyes, give me knowledge and wisdom. Help me to improve as a minister, counselor, and professor so that others can see my progress and I will give you the credit. Open doors of opportunity so that I can use the gifts you’ve given me. Socially – Father, strengthen my relationship with Kim and my daughters. Make me a good husband and faithful father. Deepen my relationships with my family and friends. Fill our hearts and homes with your joy. Physically – Father, help me to exercise regularly and stay active. Please keep my family and me healthy. Financially – Father, help me to prosper and be a good steward of everything you give me. It all belongs to you. Help me to use it wisely. In Jesus name, Amen!

1 comment:

Scotty G said...

Five good items of prayer. I think I'll use them myself (but I'll change Kim to Candi and daughters to son and daughter) Wouldn't want God to get confused.