Monday, December 26, 2005

The Next Time You Get Frustrated

I’m building an office in my garage. I am no carpenter but I’m doing well on this project. At first I was frustrated because I couldn’t get the concrete nails in my garage floor. The nails busted the concrete. I almost quit. Then I thought “What would Jesus do? He was a carpenter. He would know exactly what to do.” This had a calming affect on me. It seems so trite but it actually made me patient and renewed my resolve to continue. I went back to the hardware and discovered concrete bits and concrete screw nails. They worked like a charm. Since then I’ve made good progress. Inviting the Lord into simple everyday things really helps me. I’m enjoying working and making sure that it’s done right. At each successful point I show Kim what I have accomplished (just like a little boy) and she encourages me by saying things like “That’s good Jeff.” So with the Lord’s help and Kim’s encouragement I am accomplishing something I’ve never done before and I’m proud of it. The next time you get frustrated talk to Jesus about it and then go find someone to encourage you – it really works

2 comments:

Scotty G said...

Isn't building just like life. A good foundation last forever, the floor, the walls, the roof go up. But it's never complete because as you use it, the carpet will get worn, the walls need repainted, the furniture needs updated. Life is never finished, it's just useful for a while til you need to update.

Unknown said...

yes it is - that's a good post Scott.
Love
Jeff