Wednesday, December 07, 2005

You’re as Happy as Your Saddest Child

When your children are healthy and doing well it is easy to be happy. But when your children are struggling with problems it’s hard to think of anything else. If they are under pressure, confused about their identity, need good friends, or discouraged about their performance in school you feel their pain. Life looses its zest. Everything appears dull. You worry and fret. It’s hard to be excited about anything when a child has a problem. Today, someone said to me “You’re as happy as your saddest child.” That statement resonated with me. It’s so true. I’ve repeated aloud several times today. Lord, bless our children. They face so much. They are just little girls. Fill them you’re your Spirit. Affirm them. Encourage them. Guide them. Comfort them. Send strong angels to protect them. In Jesus name, Amen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This great sentence says something that I have been trying to find words for. --Berlin

Unknown said...

It resonates with me too. - Jeff

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I agree 100%, I think this is especially true for mothers.

Jim

Unknown said...

Jim,
Great to hear from you. I agree - especially true for moms.