Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Speaking at the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center

Last night I spoke in the auditorium of the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center on the Campus of Marshall University. The theater is nice, a very different atmosphere for a lecture and the screen for my power point was as big as a movie screen in a cinema. The presentation was for Cabell Huntington Hospital’s Senior Wise Program. I spoke on Coping with Holiday Depression – using the principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy structured around Alfred Adler’s Five Universal Life Tasks. I also played my guitar and sang two songs. I can’t believe I get to do these things. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming. Just 3 ½ years ago I was in a pit of sin headed for jail but Jesus Christ has completely turned my life around and I’m so grateful.

No comments: