Thursday, November 10, 2005

My Name is Pride and I am a Cheater

I like this piece Beth Moore wrote about pride. My name is pride and I am a cheater. I cheat you out of your God-given destiny because you demand your own way. I cheat you out of contentment because you deserve better than this. I cheat you out of knowledge because you know it all. I cheat you out of peace because you are too full of me to forgive. I cheat you out of holiness because you refuse to admit it when you are wrong. I cheat you of genuine friendship because no body is ever going to know the real you. I cheat you out of love because real romance demands sacrifice. I cheat you out of greatness and heaven because you refuse to wash another’s feet on earth. I cheat you out of God’s glory because I convince you to seek your own. My name is pride and I am a cheater! You like me because you think I’m always looking out for you. Untrue, I’m always looking to make a fool out of you. God has so much for you I admit, but don’t worry, if you stick with me you’ll never know. (Beth Moore)

No comments: