Thursday, November 17, 2005

34,000 Feet High

I am in an airplane flying back home from Texas. I am 34,000 feet high. I can see miles and miles. It’s big. It’s beautiful. I’m taking it in. God is awesome! I’ve always been fascinated with airplanes. When I was a little boy I loved to watch airplanes fly across the sky. I could only see part of the sky because I grew up between two hills in West Virginia. But I remember how I laid down in the leaves and watch little shiny dots leave a jet stream across the sky. I could hardly stop watching. Now I’m in a little shiny dot and some little boy is watching and dreaming below. I love to fly in airplanes but I want more. I look forward to being able to fly myself. Elijah did it in a chariot of fire. But I want to fly like Jesus. He just took off while people watched in amazement. How high did Jesus go? I don’t know but one day I want to fly like him and I will go higher than 34,000 feet.

No comments: