Thursday, September 01, 2005

Why animals run from you

Do you know why animals run from you? Because God caused to fear you. That's right. Genesis 9.1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. 4 "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. 5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each man, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of his fellow man. 6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man. After the flood God caused the animals to "fear and dread" you. When I walk across a field deer run. When you approach squirrels at the park they retreat to trees. Even my own dog, Recee, runs from me. God set you above every living creature. You can kill and eat animals but they can't eat you. Well, I suppose they can but they will answer to God. If an animal attacks and kills you God will hold the animal accountable. That's wild!

1 comment:

RobWill said...

Tell that to the kids who were eaten by two she-bears for making fun of a prophet with male pattern baldness. :-)