Monday, September 12, 2005

Pray for the angels

Hebrews 1.14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation? Matthew 18.10 "See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven" Every night I pray for angels to surround my children's bed. Here's the routine - I cover them up (the softest blanket goes on first), we giggle, snuggle, and talk about their day. Then I pray. I start with praise and thanksgiving. I ask for forgiveness. I tell God how much I love them (Amber, Tori, and Shayna) and how special and good they are (I squeeze them tighter during this part). I pray for the Holy Spirit to fill them with peace, give them rest, and sweet dreams. Then I pray for God to send angels to stand guard by their beds and go with them throughout tomorrow. If I forget to pray for the angels my children will say "Daddy, pray for the angels." And I do. I've never seen an angel (that I know of) but I know they visit my house every night and guard my children every day. When I get to heaven I want to meet and personally thank the angels who are watching over my children.