Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Cross

2 Corinthians 5.21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. The cross exposes the true nature of sin. When we see the perfectly innocent Son of God being tortured on a cross, we must realize that something is seriously wrong with us. Sin reached it’s climax at the cross. There the human heart was laid bare and its corruption fully exposed. The cross demonstrates that sin is not to be taken lightly. We can’t just dismiss or hide behind excuses. Sin is a very serious matter to God. He didn’t wink at sin or pretended it was insignificant. It cost the life of His one and only Son. Lord Jesus, Thank you for your love and sacrifice. Thank you for forgiving me of all of my sin. Thank you for your righteousness. I trust in you and no one else. There is none like you. Amen!

1 comment:

Rooted in Him said...

I spent some time meditating on 2 Corinthians 5.21 a while back at the suggestion of one of the pastors of my church.

One thing that came out of that season was a realization that I do not need to be afraid of my sin any more.

Yeah, I already knew I was forgiven. But what I was missing was seeing that I have become the righteousness of God in Jesus.

That gives me a tremendous freedom to own my sin, confess it, and leave it at the foot of the cross, forever.

Keep on loving Him. And thanks for the post