Sunday, July 10, 2005

Caller I.D.

We were in a restaurant in D.C. when a cell phone rang. It was a man’s phone at the table next to us. He looked at the number on caller ID. I could tell he didn’t want to accept the call by the look on his face. I thought he was going to let it go into voicemail but he finally answered with an unenthusiastic “hello”. I’ve seen other people check the caller ID and answer on the first ring with an enthusiastic “Hi Sweetheart! I’m so glad you called!” If you know someone who is reluctant to accept your calls when they see your number on Caller ID try this. Dial *67 and then dial their number. When the call goes through your number will show up as an “unidentified number.” They will think it’s somebody important and answer it. I’m so glad that we don’t have to play those games with God. God always answers on the first ring and he is so happy to hear from us. He never lets it go into voice mail. You always have a direct line to God. Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

No comments: