Monday, July 04, 2005

Trip to Washington D.C.

Kim, the girls and I enjoyed our trip to D.C. The Lincoln Memorial and the Holocaust Museum were my favorite sites. I was impressed with Lincoln's faith in God. Inscribed on the south wall of the monument is the Gettysburg Address. Etched into the north wall is Lincoln’s second inaugural speech. I was inspired by his faith in the God of the Bible. The Holocaust Museum spans three floors of the building. It presents a narrative history using more than 900 artifacts, 70 video monitors, and four theaters that include historic film footage and eyewitness testimonies. It was impossible for us to absorb all of it - no one can understand the horror those people suffered, except those who suffered. The exhibition is divided into three parts: "Nazi Assault," "Final Solution," and "Last Chapter." The narrative begins with images of death and destruction as witnessed by American soldiers during the liberation of Nazi concentration camps in 1945. It was overwhelming. At this time I am studying Revelation. I'm presenting two views. The traditional historic view and the premillennial view which includes a future period of tribulation using John MacArthur's commentary. MacArthur believes that the tribulation period will be worse than the slaughter that took place under Hitler. It's disturbing to think about it. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. I am grateful that my wife and children and family are saved. No matter what happens in the future Jesus will save us. Anyway, the kids really enjoyed going to Six Flags. We rode fast rollercoasters and enjoyed the water park. Kim, the girls and I had a great vacation. The best part of the trip was just being together as a family. We will always remember it. Jeff

No comments: