Saturday, August 06, 2005

Two Weeks of Church Camp

I just finished two weeks of church camp. I went to sleep as soon as we got home and slept till 3am. I just woke up. I was exhausted. So were Kim and the girls. Church camp was great! A spiritual high. We will remember it forever. We will remember worshiping, laughing, praising, praying, pranking, singing, and all the other stuff we did together. I am especially thankful to my friend Dana Lewis who served as a camp counselor. This was Dana first year at church camp and he did an outstanding job! The kids loved him. Dana helped the kids build three crosses from Locus trees he had cut down - they stripped the bark with draw knives and put the crosses together. The climax of camp was when the kids carried the cross to be erected. It was moving! We worshiped! The kids could feel the weight of of the cross - they heard the thud of it hitting the bottom of the hole when it was erected - they sang and worshiped. Thanks Dana. Every counselor did an outstanding job with the kids. I am not going to name them all cause I need to get back to preparation for this Sunday's lesson. But I am so thankful to everyone of the counselors who took their vacation time to spend with the kids. I am thankful for George, our youth minister, for helping me - this was my first year as Dean. I am looking forward to next year. Our children, Amber, Tori, and Shayna, look forward to church camp all year long. No kidding! They start planning for church camp in November. I understand why - it is such a spiritual high. It makes us feel close to Jesus and to each other. We make memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments: