Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mourn

It’s one thing to be sorry for your sins, it’s another to cry about it. Most men have been taught not to show emotion. It’s not masculine, we think. But think about David. No one could be more masculine than David. He was a warrior and a king. Yet David prayed, “O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. 2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears” (Psalm 6:1,2,6) God loves a bent knee, a broken heart, and wet eyes. When we mourn over sin God comforts us. We feel better after a good cry. We become more sensitive and empathic. We become more responsive and tenderhearted. If you know what it’s like to be comforted by the Lord you will be equipped to comfort others.

No comments: