Monday, June 19, 2006

Daughters

Kim and I are so blessed. We have three daughters and I am so happy with my girls. I spent the day with my girls. They had three friends spend the night. Last night Kim and I pulled out futons and a mattress and the living room was full of girls. They giggled for a while then went to sleep. They were all so good. They woke up this morning and ate breakfast. Kim fixed cinnamon rolls and I fix bacon and eggs. Sloane, Tori’s friend, taught me how to fix egg whites. After breakfast they jumped in our pool and played all morning. I fixed the ladder for the pool as they laughed and screamed and chased each other. I ordered pizza for lunch. After taking the girl’s friends back to their mothers, Shayna and I went on a father-daughter date. Shayna asked some interesting questions about World Religions (she’s a deep thinker). We went to Stone Cold for ice cream, browsed the book store and then we went to the theater and bought popcorn. We saw Nacho Libre. Shayna said that it was “OK.” The best part of the date was not the movie however. It was just being together. When we got home Amber asked if she could have the next date. So I will take Amber on a date next week and Tori the following week. I like John Mayer's song "Daughters". My favorite line in the song is - On behalf of every man looking out for every girl. You are the guide and the weight of her world So fathers, be good to your daughters Daughters will love like you do I love my girls. I should say “We” love our girls. Kim and I are so bless and so thankful.

No comments: