Saturday, January 21, 2006

Open and Transparent

I feel good. When I got home from work tonight I took a nap and slept from 6:30 till now – I’m wide awake! I hope I can get back to sleep. Lots of stuff happened today – it’s all good stuff. But I’m just thinking about my sponsor – Tom J. He knows a lot about living a sober life. He’s just as open with me as I am with him. After our AA meeting, my sponsor and I had lunch at Wendy’s. The conversations we have are open and transparent. I talk about the most personal part of my life – my joys and my struggles, the good and the bad, my confidence and my insecurities. It’s good for me to talk about the things I once kept secret. It’s frees me up to live. Today, by the grace of God, I am 3 years, 3 months, and two days sober. Find someone you can trust and talk to them. You can't be open and transparent with just anyone, they have to be trustworthy. Allow trust to build gradually as you share your stuff. Be open. Be transparent. Talk about your good side and your bad side. Talk about your victories and defeats. Share you successes and failures. As you do this you'll live freer and your heart will be filled with hope for the future.

No comments: