Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Names of God

God has many names. The name Jehovah is combined with other names for God in the Old Testament. Each of these names reveal different qualities of God's character and his relationship to us. Eight names from the Old Testament are listed below. Jehovah – Shammah – “God is present with me.” (Ezekial 48:35 35) Jehovah – Rohi(ee) – “God is my shepherd.” (Psalm 23:1) Jehovah – Jireh - “God is my Provider.” (Genesis 22:14) Jehovah – Rophe – “God is my Healer” (Exodus 15:26) Jehovah – Tsidkenu – “God is my Righteousness” (Jer 23:6) Jehovah – (Mac) M’Kaddish – “God is my Sanctification” (Lev 20:8) Jehovah – Shalom – “God is my Peace” (Judges 6:24) Jehovah – Nissi (ee) – “God is my Banner” (Exodus 17:15) The name of God is like a strong tower that you can run to for protection (Proverbs 18.10). His name is powerful and strong. When you call on his name demons scatter and you walk with confidence. Say “You are here. You are my provider. You are my healer. You are my righteousness. You are my holiness. You are my peace. You are my banner!”

No comments: