Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Friend Mike Shepherd

I met Mike Shepherd a couple of years ago. We hit it off great the first time we met. We started talking about Jesus and our friendship took off from there. I enjoy talking and spending time with Mike. He loves the Lord and his family. Mike just loves people and he is full of Jesus. He's got a shepherd's heart. He leads our Care Caller Ministry and always taking care of the flock. This year Mike invited me to hunt with him and Terry (his brother) and Stewart and Paul. I had a great time. His son Travis killed a nice eight point on another day. Mike is an amazing marksman. He shoots skeet professionally and wins huge tournaments competing against shooters from all over the world. No kidding! Some matches involve hundreds of shooters and Mike often wins. He's awesome! He averages 98/100. I cannot imagine shooting like he does. The first picture (above) is of Mike and the 13 point buck he killed this year. The second picture (below) is of Mike and his friends after a successful day of hunting pheasants. I thank God for Mike and I know we will be friends for the rest of our lives. Mike's going to take me rabbit hunting soon. I can't wait!

No comments: