Sunday, November 25, 2007

Podcasting Sermons from Norway Avenue Church of Christ

Rob Durst, our church's IT/AV man, told me that over 2,000 sermons have been downloaded from our podcast on itunes this year. When I heard that there 147 downloads last week I was so excited because the gospel of Jesus is being downloaded into 100s of computers - people I've never even met! It motivates me to know that we are planting the seed into the hearts of so many people. It stirs my heart and makes me want to pray and study and do my very best on my sermons for Jesus. Here is my prayer "God bless me and open my heart and mind and mouth so that I can proclaim your word faithfully. Use Jay and Jon and me to preach and teach others about Jesus. Make us fruitful and advance your kingdom through us. Use us. Amen!" I thank God for Rob Durst! He set up the podcast and takes care of all of our IT/AV needs and he does an excellent job! If you want to receive our podcast go to itunes and search "Norway Avenue Church of Christ Podcast" and click subscribe. It's free! The podcasts on itunes is an excellent resource. I download about 40 sermons every week. I listen to sermons from Chuck Swindol, Charles Stanley, Andy Stanley, Adrian Rogers, Ravi Zacherias, Jack Hayford, Joyce Myer, Rob Bell, Rick Atchley, and James McDonald and others. I don't have time to listen to every single sermon but I listen to a lot of them - I average about three or four sermons a day and it feeds my soul. I burn the rest on CDs and keep them for future reference. I keep a steady intake of God's word and it helps my walk with Jesus. I used to spend 100s of dollars ordering tapes and CDs but this is free! Try it!

No comments: