Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year Prayers for 2007

I’ve started writing New Year Prayers rather than New Year Resolutions. I did it last year (see my blog post on December 31, 2005) and it worked. God answered many of my prayers. Although I didn’t receive everything I prayed for I did receive many things and I thank God for it all. I am so grateful for all that God has done. I still need God to help me in every area. My New Year Prayers for 2007 are below. Spiritually – Father, help me to follow my Lord Jesus Christ. Help me to love him better. Help me to trust and obey him in all things so that I can please you. Make me sensitive and responsive to the Holy Spirit who lives in me. Protect me from the evil one. Keep me sober. Use me to lead others. Open up more doors of opportunity so that I can use the gifts and talents you’ve given me. s Mentally – Father, give me wisdom. Do not hide things from me. Make me hungry to learn, grow and change. Teach me. Show me. Help me to apply what I learn in practical ways. Socially – Father, help me to love Kim as Jesus love his bride. Help me to father my children like you father me. Bless my relationships with family and friends so that we grow closer each day. Physically – Father, keep my family and me healthy. Give me motivation to exercise regularly and take care of my body. Financially – Father, make me prosper and help us to manage our money wisely. Help me to be generous with all that I have. It all belongs to you. Help me to be a good steward. In Jesus name, Amen.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

Hey!! How was your New Years? I hope it was better than mine haha.

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea! It is God who should "change" us and we need to recognize that. I love this idea.

Royce Ogle said...

Noble requests.

May God grant each of them.

Grace and Peace,
Royce Ogle