Tuesday, December 26, 2006

God blessed our Christmas service.

God blessed our Christmas service last Sunday. We could sense the presence of God as we worshiped. We praised the Lord Jesus. We encouraged one another. The assembly was filled with thanksgiving and love. The theme of the service was “Joy in Christ” and we were joyful! Matt Hayes did an awesome job leading and directing us. Everyone worked so hard. I can’t name them all – but everyone did an excellent job. The shepherds spent an entire year preparing for this service. We used instrumental music during this service. It was a big step for an a cappella church. The care and sensitivity our shepherds demonstrated during the past year made this step possible. The step I’m referring to is not merely the use of instrumental music. I’m referring to a larger, more important issue that focuses on the person of Jesus and his love for people. The need to wrap the gospel of Jesus Christ around the most powerful forms of communication so that we can connect with them and show them the love of Christ. Our purpose is to know him, follow him, share him and worship him. That’s our mission. Everything is focused on Jesus Christ. I thank God for our Christmas service last Sunday. I’ve played it over and over in my mind. I can see their faces and hear all the people praising the Lord. I am so grateful for our church. I’m so happy to be one of the ministers here. I love my job. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless us and use us so that many people will come to know Jesus Christ.

No comments: