Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It’s so big!

Everybody is asleep. Kim, the kid’s, her parents, they’re all asleep. Except me. The sliding door is open as I write this post. I can hear it. It roars peacefully. It’s rhythm is nearly perfect. I can see it. Barely. White foam lapping on the sand. Beyond the dim hotel lights I see thick darkness. I see two lights. Fishing boats I guess. They make me think of the life teaming under it’s surface. I feel the breeze. I smell the salt. It’s so big! And I feel so small. God is so awesome. Who else could create something so big? Who else could control something so great? God established it’s boundary. God said, “Here is where your proud waves halt.” The Spirit of God hovers over the waters. God is speaking in every pounding surf. He says, “My grace is deeper than this ocean and wider than this sea.” God’s handiwork makes my heart sing his praise.

No comments: