Sunday, May 07, 2006

Seattle Pacific University

I spent the past two days at a Christian Writers Conference on the campus of Seattle Pacific University (which is associated with the Free Methodist Church, Asbury Theological Seminary is a sister school of SPU) . The theme of the conference was “The Master’s Call to Excellence.” Calvin Miller’s lecture was brilliant, humorous and inspiring. I pitched my proposals during group editorial appointments to Terry Glaspey (Director of Acquisitions, Harvest House Publishers) and Lonnie Hull DuPont (Director of Acquisitions, Revell/Baker). I participated in classes, round table discussions, and forums featuring panels of publishing experts. This was my first Christian Writers Conference. I enjoyed it and learned many things that will help me in sermon preparation, preaching and writing. I've talked to Kim and the girls every day. I miss them and will return Monday. Tomorrow (Sunday) I am going to attend the Northwest Church which is a Christian Church/Church of Christ. I'm having lunch with Milton Jones.

No comments: