Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Attention

My light bulb has been on all evening. I love it when it happens. Especially when I really need it to happen because of time. This took place after an extended period of reading and preparing for two sermons on The Da Vinci Code. I got home at 9pm, helped Amber prepare for a science test which she has to take tomorrow, then I went to the office in my garage and started writing. It was weird. I started writing a blog post about the Da Vinci Code and it turned out to be too long. Then I thought, this is my sermon! It may not be weird to you but it felt weird to me. It was coming so fast my fingers could hardly keep up. I love that feeling - it just keeps flowing and I just keep writing. I did not get up and walk around. There were no mental pop-ups to distract me. I stead in one window and accomplished a lot during the past 7 hours. Now, at this point, I really don't know if I have anything because I'm tired. I may wake up, go to the office, read it and thing "This is terrible! I can't believe I wasted all that time" and start over. I will not know until four hours from now. But my hopes are high because I put it in text aloud and had the computer read it to me. I think it's what I want to say. I think.

No comments: