Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Spiritually United Regardless of Denomination

Our allegiance is not to our denomination but to Jesus. Yes, you assemble with the Baptist (or some other church) and I assemble with the Church of Christ. Yes, there are some differences between our groups but we have more in common than you think. We serve the same Lord. We are in the same body. We will live in the same heaven. What draws us together is the Lord Jesus Christ. His body is spiritually united. It's made up of all Christians, regardless of their denomination. A man dreamed that he was ushered to the gates of hell. He called out “Are there any Church of Christ in there?” Yes. “Are there any Baptist in there?” Yes. Any Catholic? Yes. Then suddenly he was ushered to the gates of heaven. He called out “Are there any Church of Christ in there?” "No." “Are there any Baptist in there?” "No." "Any Catholic?" "No." "Then tell me, who is inside these pearly gates?" And they answered, "Christians! Christians all!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, this is beautiful. This encourages me especially as I was torn between the need to switch between the Chinese fellowship I go to and the Norway Avenue. I feel so relieved. I think indeed we should focus on becoming a better Christian. Berlin