Thursday, March 05, 2009

Serve like Jesus

Your life has purpose and meaning, but you will never discover it in isolation from others. The meaning you assign your life largely depends on your willingness to serve, love, and work with other people. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room on earth. Do you remeber what Jesus said after he had washed his disciples feet? John 13:12 When [Jesus] had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13 "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

No comments: