Monday, March 23, 2009

Dancing with Shayna (Dads and Daughters)

I cherish this picture of Shayna dancing with me. There's something special the relationship between dads and daughters. I have three daughters and I love being their dad! The Lord turns the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers (Malachi 4:6). My heart is full of my children. I love them so much. It's the little-every-day-things. Last night, when I returned from NC, Tori and I laughed together as we played tennis on Wii (she always beats me because she is a pro - a 2000+ player). Then when I picked up Amber from her new job at D.Q. - well, it's hard to describe what I felt. I was parked in a place where I could see her working - I prayed for her and then came memories and flashbacks of when she and her sisters were little girls running around my feet. They are growing so fast and I love each stage. I am excited to see what God does with my daughters. The Lord has good things in store for them and I pray for them daily. I love being their dad.

No comments: