Monday, January 28, 2008

Six Point Buck (Deer #7)

The Lord gave me success this deer season. Jacob used these words to decieve his father in Genesis 27:20 Isaac asked his son Jacob, "How did you find it so quickly, my son?" "The LORD your God gave me success," he replied. Jacob lied. He wasn't serving wild game. He was serving a young goat taken from his father's flock. His mother prepared it and dressed him up so that he felt like and smelled like his brother. Jacob decieved his poor old feeble blind father. But his statement "God gave me success" is meaningful. Isaac did not balk at that statement because God can give a hunter success. God gave me success this season. The Lord gave seven deer and the last deer was a six point buck. My freezer is full and I'm eating deer meat (not goat) almost every day. It's really good. There is something special about eating the meat you hunted and killed. After every kill and before every meal I said a prayer of thanksgiving. It was a great season. I didn't get the monster I was hunting but I got a good buck. I'm tagged out and my season is over.

No comments: