Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I've killed 6 deer this season

I've killed 6 deer this season. I killed four in WV and two in Ohio. My freezer is full! I'm sharing the meat with some friends. I have one more month to bow hunt in Ohio. For three years I've been hunting a buck that is larger than the one in the picture above. He's a huge monster and I pray I get him in January. At this time I'm sitting in a ski lodge at Seven Springs early this morning and I am thinking about the recreation that I am enjoying with my family and the deer hunting that I have enjoyed this past fall - my heart is filled with gratitude. Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

bigwhitehat said...

It has been years for me.

I am still teaching the boy to shoot. I don't know if he will be ready by next season or not. He did kill a particularly pesky armadillo the other day.