Friday, October 19, 2007

Today, by the Grace of God, I am 5 Years Sober

Today (October 19), by the grace of God, I have been sober five years. I thank the Lord Jesus for saving me for a life a self destruction. I could not stop drinking by using my own will power and self determination. I tried to get sober on my own many times. I threw my liquor in trash cans, poured it down the sink, busted bottles by the road side, made solemn vows and promises - but I always went back to it. I could not do it on my own. God did for me what I could not do for myself and I am so grateful. Thank you Lord! I am so grateful for Kim who stead by me. I am so thankful to have Kim and the girls. I am grateful for my family - mom, Jeanie and Allen, Susan and Bob, Carl and Sharon. I am grateful for my brother and sisters in the church and for my friends in AA. For my previous sponsor in Columbus John C, and my current sponsor Tom J. I am grateful most of all for Jesus and my heavenly Father. Today, I am sober! Lord, keep me sober - one day at a time.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Congratulations. That is a remarkable mile stone. I'm glad that the Lord spared me from the influence of a house that had drinking. I'm sure that I were be a terrible wreck of a man if things had been different.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Just curious...what do you think is the difference between a "heavy drinker" and an alcoholic?