Tuesday, October 17, 2006

You Can’t Grill It Until You Kill It

I love to hunt. I grew up in the WV hills. When I was a kid I played in the mountains and creeks. Swinging on grape vines, riding down trees, building a cabin, and damming up a stream. Fishing in the summer time, hunting in the fall, me and family we all had a ball, in the country (I may put that to music some day). I learned to hunt when I was a boy. It's stayed with me. I love to be in the woods. It was my day off and I stayed in the woods all day. Well, I did come out to eat lunch but I went right back. I killed a deer today. I killed another deer two days ago (last Saturday). I killed one in September on a land damage permit. God gave me three deer and it's only the first two weeks of 2006 deer season. I thank God for the thrill of the hunt and the meat. I eat what I kill. Tonight I grilled deer tenderloins and deer hamburger. I read the two scriptures below with fresh eyes this evening. Genesis 9:1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. Acts 11:6 I [Peter] looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts … 7 Then I heard a voice telling me, 'Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.' As Ted Nugent says "You can't grill it until you kill it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wango Tango! Remember the Great White Buffalo?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, When can we come for dinner? Your friends in Ooltewah (Chattanooga) have not forgotten you. Email me, I'd love to get your home address to send you a Christmas card and family photo this year. You will not recognize Brice. DeniseMcMillan@comcast.net.

Love to you, Kim and the girls!

Paul & Denise