Thursday, October 19, 2006

By the grace of God I now have four years of sobriety.

By the grace of God I now have four years of sobriety. My sobriety date is October 19, 2002. I thank God for saving my life. I am so thankful that Kim stayed with me. She loved me when I was unlovable. She stayed with me and I am so thankful and I love her. We have three wonderful daughters that are happy and healthy. I’m so thankful for them. I love them. I thank God for my mom and Jeanie and Susan and all my family. I so thankful to be serving as a minister at Norway Avenue. The Christians at Norway Avenue are wonderful. I thought I had totally disqualified myself but God’s grace covered me and people forgave me. God has opened many doors for me. If you could have seen me four years ago you wouldn’t believe it. God did a miracle in my life and I give him praise. God saved me. I thank God for AA and my sponsors and all my friends in AA. I am most thankful for my Lord Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! One day at at time! Our God is able!

Al said...

Jeff, isn't God great! It's good to hear what God is doing in and through you. You may not remember me, but we met last year at the Zoe Confererence, where you talked about your struggles during one of our breakout sessions. God is all about forgiveness, which is a good thing, because we all need it! Happy Anniversary, Brother!

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

WE PRAISE GOD FOR YOU!!!! We are so thankful that He brought you through a terrible time and that He has given you the strength to continue on in sharing His love with others. Your story gives hope to many others. We are thankful that you are the Minister at Norway Ave. too! Lifting you in prayer and praising God for you!